Friday, June 25, 2010

Marissa's Pick of the Week - Solid Serum for Oily Skin

My new love is Lush skincare. Everything is handmade with natural, perishable ingredients. The most interesting of my purchases is the Saving Face solid serum ($13.95). I have to admit that the bizarre idea of a solid serum is what initially attracted me to this product. After reading the ingredients and viewing a demo, I took one home with me and fell in love after the first use. I have now been using it for 3 weeks and still get as excited to use it as I was the first time. This vegan wonder tablet is loaded with so many skin delicious ingredients, I can't believe it all fits into something I can hide in the palm of my hand.
Super Awesome Face Saving Yummies:
On top of powerful antioxidants found in all the cirtrus oils, shea butters give just the right amount of moisture oily skin types need while kaolin clay and talc absorb excess oils.
Thyme - This key ingredient helps with acne because it is a natural astringent, helps keep skin clear due to its anti-fungal and anti-viral properties, and protects skin because it's a free radical crime fighter (powerful antioxidant).
Jojoba Oil - lasting moisture and antioxidant
Chlorophyllin - Naturally derived from plants, it is a great antioxidant and repels pollutants such as cigarette smoke, smog, and diesel emissions.

Don't let the the "oils" in this recipe scare you. What a lot of oily skin types don't know is that natural essential oils are good for us. It's mineral oil that is our enemy. My skin started clearing up when I added Saving Face to my regimen. Try it out at your local Lush store. They are VERY generous with samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment