La Base Pro by Lancome (www.lancome-usa.com, $42) is a must have for anyone who wears foundation. I have La Base Pro at home and in my freelance box. This silicone based makeup primer is oil free and has a satiny smooth texture.
Using a makeup base is important to keep your skin healthy. The benefits of adding this extra step to your makeup routine are worth the end result. Not only does this oil free formula help to reduce shine, but the silicone sets a canvas on top of your skin to prevent your foundation from absorbing into your pores. Think of La Base Pro as a shield filling in pores and fine lines so nothing can slip through the cracks. Your makeup color stays truer longer, while your skin stays protected.
Applying La Base Pro is very easy, but there are some tricks that will help you love this product even more. One pump is enough for your entire face. It may not seem like it, but its silky consistency spreads well.
- Pump the product onto one hand.
- Dip a finger from the opposite hand into the base only acquiring a small amount, then blot on your forehead.
- Repeat this again dotting your cheeks and chin.
- Using your index and middle finger gently blend the base with a light touch until you getthe coverage you desire. Try to be as quick as possible without rubbing too hard.
- Wait 60 seconds before applying the foundation of your choice.
If you see rolling ( the product collecting and rolling off your skin), there may be one of a few things wrong.
- you are rubbing it in too hard
- you are taking too long to apply the product and it's starting to dry while you are still blending
- you didn't wait long enough before applying foundation
- you didn't cleanse tone and moisturize your face before applying La Base Pro
- you need to exfoliate using a face scrub or pad
La Base Pro is safe for all skin types and great for all foundations (including mineral makeup). I use it on myself and all my clients. I personally would rather not wear foundation than wear foundation without a makeup primer.