Monday, July 27, 2009

Makeup Mondays: Pink!


Until a few months ago the color pink made me uncomfortable. It was so feminine, so demure, so "girly." To me, "girly" was a bad thing. It meant giddy, air headed, boy crazy and shallow; everything I didn't want to be. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I would tell people "no pink please," in fear that she would inherit those traits by simply wearing the color. Well, just a few weeks ago I admitted to the Facebook world that I liked pink! What really triggered my admiration for the color was Aaron de Mey's debut color line for Lancome, Pink Irreverence.
I was practically forced into liking pink. As I looked through my Lancome spring business planner, I stopped jaws dropped on the pages gushing with hot pinks and sparkly blacks. I could hardly contain my excitement...for pink? A couple months later the line launched, and I was surprised to find out that I actually looked good in it! I then declared that anyone can wear pink. It's just a matter of finding the perfect shade for you.

I would go into detail about how to chose and wear the right pink for you, but cosmetiholic already interviewed me for this very subject. I was featured on her "Makeup Artist Monday" article back in June. You can view the blog here: http://cosmetiholic.com/2009/05/31/makeup-artist-monday-marissa-rhoades.aspx

Here are some of my favorite pinks:

Eye shadow:

Lips:

  • "Bamboo Pink" Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick by Clinique ($14),
  • "Rock Icon Fuchsia" Color Fever Lipstick ($25), and "Electric Pink" La Laque Fever Gloss ($26) by Lancome
  • Posie Tint Lip and Cheek Stain by Benefit ($28)


Blush:

  • "Iced Lotus" Blushing Blush by Clinique ($18.50)
  • "Rose Fresque" Blush Subtil and "Shimmer Pink Pool" Blush Subtil Shimmer by Lancome ($29.50)
  • "Thrrrob" cheeck powder by Benefit ($28)

No comments:

Post a Comment