Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Brand Spotlight: Urban Decay

Urban Decay is a Newport Beach, CA based cosmetics brand that catches the eye of funky, offbeat fashionistas across the globe. The cleverly branded line was created by Wende Zomnir in 1996. Her distaste for mainstream makeup exploded into an entire collection of grungy greens, blazing blues and punky purples. Urban Decay is available at Sephora, Ulta and Macy's.

My Urban Decay Faves:

Eyes
Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($17) - This was the first eyeshadow primer that I got excited about. It matched my warm skin tone (most primers are too pink on me) and kept my eyes popping all day long.

Sustainable Shadow Box ($36) - This eye shadow palette has a lot of my favorite colors such as Flipside, Oil Slick, Kiddie Pool, Grifter and Uzi
Eyeshadow ($16) - Aside from the colors mentioned above, I also love these; Chains, Gash, Mildew, Minx, and Mowie Wowie
Deluxe Eyeshadow ($18) - My favorites are Graffiti, Electric Blue, Peace and Ransom
Loose Pigment ($20) - I prefer loose powders to pressed because the colors appear more vibrant. My favorite shades are Rockstar, Protest, Shattered and Goddess
Ink for Eyes ($22) - This cream eyeliner has 6 colors to choose from. It glides on smoothly and absorbs oil, so it stays on all day.

Lips
Lipstick ($22) - My favorite shades are Confession, Gash and Oil Slick
Lip Envy ($17) - I love lip stains! I like to put them on under my gloss as a backup because I hate re-applying makeup.



No comments:

Post a Comment